Saturday, June 5, 2010

Have you ever felt that sometimes, you only give and never receive? I mean, till a certain point it is true that you should give without expecting to receive, but what happens when you are pushed over the edge and you are tested? How do you react when that happens? Do you stop yourself from doing what you have been so long, or do you settle for revenge? The funny part is, people who notice you have stopped giving, won't think twice before pointing a finger and turn things around, make you feel so damn guilty, you will be back to square one. Sometimes, when I press the pause button on 'life' I realize I do not understand people. I really don't. It is only human to expect to someone to care for you or remember you, when you have done the same for them. Right? Or is this what people call 'expecting too much'?? How it can be 'too much' loses me. I am tired of figuring out what people want. What they want from me, what I want from them, because you know what? i figured they don't care what you want from them. Change is within us. It's true. But, can that change go to the extent of changing who we are, just to win someone's regard? Of course not! Another thing is remembering a promise. It's as though the world is too busy to allocate time for some trifle pleasures such as doing what you promised for a friend! God! I often feel I belong to the 19th Century human race. No particular reason except that I feel people back then gave you what you deserved and it worked both ways when it came to thinking twice before harming the other emotionally through mindless actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment